- Teaching Strategy List
- This descriptive list has over 100 teaching strategies to help you change up your teaching style
- Vocabulary Instruction PowerPoint
- Utah Education Network: Utah Curriculum Resources – Be selective; not all reflect standards as well as others.
- Achieve the Core: A bank of standards-based plans created by teachers to use with popular stories found in many anthologies.
- Grade 7: Includes “Amigo Brothers”, “Barrio Boy”, “The Noble Experiment”, “Rikki-Tikki Tavi”, and more.
- Grade 8: Includes “Checkouts”, “Flowers for Algernon”, “O Captain, My Captain”, “The Landlady”, and more.
- Grade 9: Includes “The Cask of Amontillado”, “The Road Ahead”, “The Scarlet Ibis”, “Thank You, Ma’m”, and more.
- Grade 10: Includes “Harrison Bergeron”, “On Summer”, “Lamb to the Slaughter”, “There Will Come Soft Rains” and more.
- Learnzillion: A bank of 5-day standards-based plans with videos. Free membership and access to many free materials. All lessons are professionally prepared and vetted by master teachers throughout the country.
The Curriculum Project A great resource from John Samara (Some products are available for purchase).
Six Instructional Strategies for Tomorrow This contains great information on how to write effective objectives, as well as John Samara’s famous list of student products to show learning.
Teaching Channel: “Great Teaching, Inspiring Classrooms”?
“Teaching Channel is a video showcase—on the Internet and TV—of inspiring and effective teaching practices in America’s schools. [They] have a rapidly growing community of registered members who trade ideas and share inspiration from each other.” (Go HERE to read more about this helpful resource.)
Teaching the core – 103 films for use in classrooms from kindergarten to grade 12
See also our Curriculum Resources link.