Classes for re-licensure credit:
Register for these and other great classes at: JPLS
- NEW CLASS! De-Mystifying Masteryconnect for the Everyday English Teacher. Frustrated by Masteryconnect? Think it won’t work for you and your Language Arts classroom? Been there. Done that. Learn from two master secondary teachers who have been in the trenches and dug through the mire to figure out how to successfully use Masteryconnect and enjoy it! Two sections available. June 6, 8:00-4:00 and June 13, 8:00-4:00, ASB 113. $25, .5 lane change credit. JPLS #101045
- NEW CLASS! Depth of Knowledge: Making your Students Smarter than a Fifth Grader. In the Real World, your students may not need to know what animal is on the Great Seal of the United States, but they may need to know why that animal is significant and what it stands for. That’s where Depth of Knowledge comes in! Two sections available. Wednesday, June 15, 8:30 -11:30, and Tuesday, June 21, 8:30-11:30. JPLS #101046 Free, 3 hours relicensure
- NEW CLASS! Extending Learning for Kids Who Get It. JPLS Course – 114356 – Lots of ideas for enriching and extending learning for students who have achieved mastery in a standard, content or skill. Enjoyable ideas for any classroom. Online course – work at your own pace.
- May the Force Be With Your SMART Goals – a basic look at creating strong SMART Goals. (1 re-licensure credit – on-line Canvas course, work at your own pace)
- A Jedi’s Guide to Pacing Guides, etc. – The next step in planning and collaboration. (2 re-licensure credits – on-line Canvas course; work at your own pace)
- Making Your Jedis Smarter than a Fifth Grader – Making your content more rigorous and relevant through Depth of Knowledge. 3 re-licensure credits – online Canvas course; work at your own pace.
- PLCs and your Department, making the most of your PLCs. JPLS course 100997, this class is designed for department chairs and other teacher leaders. (7 re-licensure credits – on line Canvas Course; work at your own pace).
- Making the Most of the Block – methods of making every minute count
- Differentiation for Student Success – a close look at UETS standard 2
- Targeting Writing Strategies – Help your students with targeted strategies to strengthen skills.