- Achieve the Core Mini Assessments – all assessments include the text, text dependent questions, a constructed response writing prompt, and explanatory information for teachers regarding alignment to Core State Standards.
- Grade 8:
- Literature Mini-Assessment – “The Open Boat” by Stephan Crane
- Grade 11:
- Speech – “Inaugural Address 1801” by Thomas Jefferson (Includes six text-dependent questions, one constructed response writing prompt)
- Speech – “Is It a Crime for a Citizen of the United States to Vote?” by Susan B. Anthony, 1873
- Grade 8:
NOTE: There are no mini-assessments for grades 9/10 at this time.
- Rubric/Utah Writing Standards Side-by-Side
- Reader Self-Assessment Rubric/Standards Side-by-Side
Microsoft Word copies of “Reading and Writing Rubrics”can be found on this UEN page under “Resources” in column on the right.
Jordan School District Resources:
- Writing Arguments Using Text-Sets for grades 7, 9, and 10: These writing assessments are NOT writing benchmarks, but are available for lessons in writing or formative assessments.
- Standards-Based Common Assessments grounded in revised Bloom’s Taxonomy for grades 7, 8, and 9.