- Rubric/Utah Writing Standards Side-by-Side
- Reader Self-Assessment Rubric/Standards Side-by-Side
- Utah Core State Standards Prerequisite Knowledge Tests - “The purpose of each test is to help teachers determine gaps in student understanding of curriculum from prior years.”
- This link provides all the information you will need to join the site, access the tests, create and administer them, as well as manage the data.
- Digital Books for Informational Texts - “The purpose of the USOE Digital Books is to ensure that teachers and students have access to a wide range of texts. For the 2012-2013 academic year, this edition is focusing on INFORMATIONAL and LITERARY NON-FICTION.
- USOE Digital Books for secondary English Language Arts are a supplemental DIGITAL resource that will be developed and expanded each year. These texts have been assessed by teacher taeams for text complexity by using both quantitative Lexile level and qualitative criteria.”
- Standard-based learning activities are included with the texts, many which could be used for common formative assessments.
Jordan School District Resources:
- Standards-Based Common Assessments grounded in revised Bloom’s Taxonomy for grades 7, 8, and 9.
Outside District Resources:
- Achieve the Core – “Student Achievement Partners is a nonprofit organization that assembles educators and researchers to design actions based on evidence that will substantially improve student achievement. Founded by three of the contributing authors of the Common Core State Standards, Student Achievement Partners is devoted to accelerating student achievement by all students by supporting effective and innovative implementation of the Common Core.”
- Louisiana State Board of Education: Preview of Common Core State Standards – “… the Louisiana Department of Education and Pacific Metrics have collaborated to develop sample test questions for grades 3 through 11 that measure knowledge and skills identified in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English language arts (ELA) and mathematics. These item sets contain various types of reading passages and a mixture of technology‐enhanced items based on the CCSS that can help students become more competitive in a twenty‐first‐century learning environment. Writing prompts for these item sets challenge the student to develop analytical thinking skills and to improve their reading, thinking, and writing skills.”