Here are some free worksheets – great for when you have a sub or need a little something else to support your lesson. This website has some free worksheets that might be just what you are looking for.
Lesson Plans to start the school year:
9-week units and lesson plans*:
*As always, it is important for teachers to preview ALL materials and websites prior to introducing or assigning to students. These resources are here to support teachers with the understanding that classroom educators will determine what best meets their students’ needs and aligns with community standards. The original materials for the curriculum units were altered and adapted with permission from the Louisiana Department of Education. Throughout the units are links to their website and additional resources.
Standards to keep in mind…
- The format and organization are user-friendly.
- Detailed lessons and learning tasks are aligned to the state standards for English Language Arts.
- Comprehensive units include the use of literary, informational and non-print texts.
- All units and lesson plans use best-teaching practices to teach.
- Units include performance assessments of known and new texts.
Suggestions are welcome!